~Mystical Lodge~
Hello to you! :hello:

Welcome to Mystical Lodge...
We are a friendly forum community discussing the paranormal, mystical, and spiritual.

Everyone is welcome at Mystical Lodge, no matter what path you follow.
We have many different topics, and discussions.. and we are adding more every day. We also offer a free chatbox for our registered members to enjoy.

(Guests only have access to small portions of the forum, and can't comment on posts, or visit the chatbox.)

To have FULL access to everything Mystical Lodge has to offer... please register... (it's FREE.)

We hope to see you soon, and thank you for stopping by! Very Happy
Blessings..
~ From the Mystical Lodge staff ~
~Mystical Lodge~
Hello to you! :hello:

Welcome to Mystical Lodge...
We are a friendly forum community discussing the paranormal, mystical, and spiritual.

Everyone is welcome at Mystical Lodge, no matter what path you follow.
We have many different topics, and discussions.. and we are adding more every day. We also offer a free chatbox for our registered members to enjoy.

(Guests only have access to small portions of the forum, and can't comment on posts, or visit the chatbox.)

To have FULL access to everything Mystical Lodge has to offer... please register... (it's FREE.)

We hope to see you soon, and thank you for stopping by! Very Happy
Blessings..
~ From the Mystical Lodge staff ~
~Mystical Lodge~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly forum community with many topics and discussions about the paranormal, mystical, and spiritual.. We offer a chatbox for our registered members, and an environment that feels like 'home'.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Contact UsContact Us  Log inLog in  

Scriptures and the Supernatural ?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Faerielass
Administrator /co-founder /forum topics researcher
Faerielass

Scriptures and the Supernatural ?  Empty
PostSubject: Scriptures and the Supernatural ?    Scriptures and the Supernatural ?  I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 2:32 pm

The scriptures do not say that the supernatural is wrong , it is the people misinterpreting the scriptures do . Let us be logical here , alot of the bible is supernatural , what the scriptures are warning against is those who are on the wrong team for very dark reasons .

The Book Of Dueteronomy , Chapter18 , verses 10-12 are what many people misinterpret , some because they want to , it gives them reason to bash :worried: ''There should not be found in you anyone .... who employ's divination, one who practises magic or anyone who look's for omens or a sorcerer, or one who binds others with a spellor anyone who consults a spirit medium or a professional foreteller of events or anyone who inquires of the dead ..

Lets look at another scripture before making a judgement

Isaiah 8:19 scriptures should be used as a guide but first we need to understand them in their given context before going off on a rant

''When they say to you , ''Consult the spirits of the dead and the spiritists who chirp and mutter . When one thinks of mutterings , what comes to mind is things that should not be voiced or lies. Today we have the ouija board and we are all well aware of the negative entities that are contacted via the ouija , that being the evil side , the darkness , call it what you will . But we know there is a good side and bad side to everything . The Bible does not state that all psychics are evil , Christ was highly psychic as were the apostles , not all psychics possess a dark side or work with the dark realms . We also have the Book Of Revelations , a revelation as we know is something that is revealed , these revelations were given to him through his psychic abilities . There are two different psychics at work as there has been through millenia , good v's evil and of course '' Thou shall not permit a witch to live'' is a total misinterpretation , it is poisoner . When ones mind is closed they only see and hear what they want to . :angel:
Back to top Go down
https://mysticallodge.forumotion.com
drake
drake

PostSubject: Re: Scriptures and the Supernatural ?    Scriptures and the Supernatural ?  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 11:41 am

its quite entertaining to see people try and make something say something else. its this kind of thing that can perpetuate hatred for many years and generations after the fact . ignorance is a un punishable crime .
Back to top Go down
Faerielass
Faerielass

PostSubject: Re: Scriptures and the Supernatural ?    Scriptures and the Supernatural ?  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 1:08 pm

Therein lies the trouble , before one draws conclusions , one should at least have all the fact's because someone will come along to blow their truth clean out of the water Smile

I was curious where in the Bible a Witch was found ?

Where Did She Go ?

In the Septuagint, the word was translated pharmakeia, which can mean poisoner.

Septuagint - What Does It Contain?
The Septuagint contains the standard 39 books of the Old Testament canon, as well as certain apocryphal books. The term "Apocrypha" was coined by the fifth-century biblical scholar, Jerome, and generally refers to the set of ancient Jewish writings written during the period between the last book in the Jewish scriptures, Malachi, and the arrival of Jesus Christ .

Do Not Permit A Poisoner to live was written law before Jesus walked the earth , In the original it was '...not suffer a poisoner to live" and referred to poisoner of wells because water was scarce.

King James had poisoner changed to witch to suit his own purposes.

I went and had a chat with a Priest , which was very interesting , he said nowhere in the original scriptures did it say not to allow a Witch to live , there was warnings re- Necromancy and other dark practises . One of the Ten Commandments is Thou Shalt Not Kill .
Back to top Go down
norseman
Archangel
Archangel
norseman

PostSubject: Re: Scriptures and the Supernatural ?    Scriptures and the Supernatural ?  I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 3:28 am

The responses highlight the fatal flaw in the bible. "Poisoner" retranslated as "Witch" as an example. That's what you tend to get when a document goes thro successive translations, edits, additions, deletions - all the subtlety of the original goes out of the window. As you can probably guess, I have a lot more to say about the bible but I will desist.
Back to top Go down
Faerielass
Faerielass

PostSubject: Re: Scriptures and the Supernatural ?    Scriptures and the Supernatural ?  I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 4:33 pm

Blame King James , I will also desist as I am very proud of my faith and my origins as I am sure anyone and everyone is who walk their own '' Path's''

Agree to differ and move on Smile
Back to top Go down
norseman
Archangel
Archangel
norseman

PostSubject: Re: Scriptures and the Supernatural ?    Scriptures and the Supernatural ?  I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 10:22 am

King James, a right-old so and so Laughing
No problem, Faerielass :ROTFL:
Back to top Go down
Faerielass
Faerielass

PostSubject: Re: Scriptures and the Supernatural ?    Scriptures and the Supernatural ?  I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 4:36 pm

:angel: :clap: Way to go Norseman :dancing:
Back to top Go down
Faerielass
Faerielass

PostSubject: Re: Scriptures and the Supernatural ?    Scriptures and the Supernatural ?  I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 8:00 pm

1542, in England first statute against Witchcraft issued by Henry VIII.

1563, second statute against Witchcraft issued by Elizabeth I.

1611, James I had the first English translation of the Christian Bible published, but believing Witches to be responsible for plotting to sink his ship and kill his family, he had the line 'Thou shall not suffer a poisoner to live' changed to, 'Thou shall not suffer a Witch to live' to reflect his disdain.

excerpt taken from

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thought the above was worth mentioning :LOL:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scriptures and the Supernatural ?    Scriptures and the Supernatural ?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scriptures and the Supernatural ?
Page 1 of 1